#ASHE2019

#ASHE2019

Heading to Portland for ASHE? Be sure to check out these sessions by NSSE researchers and grad students on topics from faculty of color in STEM to quality in high-impact practices. Find the full schedule and session information in the conference program, website, or the ASHE Guidebook App.

Thursday, Nov. 14

• Silberstein, S., Palmer, D., & Kinzie, J. Creating a lasting impact: Significant learning in student affairs. 2:15-3:30, Broadway I
  • Hiller, S., BrckaLorenz, A., Priddie, C., & Nelson Laird, T. Exploring interactions of race and discipline in teaching practices: Focusing on faculty of color in STEM. 2:15-3:30, Galleria I

Friday, Nov. 15

• BrckaLorenz, A., Duran, A., Haeger, H. & Duenaz, U. Culturally engaging courses and campuses for LGBQ+ issues. 2:15-3:30, Galleria II
  • Dugan, B. Right-wing on campus: An examination of conservative student engagement and free speech. Broadway I
  • Hurtado, S., Fassett, K., & BrckaLorenz, A. Examining the relationship between living environments and sense of community: A multi-institution study. 2:15-3:30, Galleria I
  • Kinzie, J., McCormick, A., Dugan, B., Gonyea, R., & Silberstein, S. Getting beyond the label: What makes high-quality HIPs and who has access to them? 8:30-9:30 Ballroom II