Engagement Insights at ASHE 2018
Heading to Tampa for ASHE? Be sure to add these exciting NSSE presentations to your conference agenda. #ASHE2018
- D. Oktafiga, A. BrckaLorenz, & T. Nelson Laird. “International students’ Reflective-Intergrative learning: variation among country regions.” Grand Salon C at 3-4:15 p.m.
- Fosnacht, K., R. Gonyea, & P. Graham. “The effects of first-year residence hall roommate assignment policy on interactional diversity and perceptions of the campus environment.” Meeting Room 5 at 12:45-2 p.m.
- Ribera, A., & C. Priddie. “The time is now: a study promoting STEM faculty use of culturally inclusive teaching.” Meeting Room 2 at 3:45-5 p.m.
- Morgan, D., J. Zilvinskis, & B. Dugan. “A time for action: relating student identity and experiences with activist behaviors.” Meeting Room 12 at 8-9:15 a.m.
- Kinzie, J. “Bringing their perspectives to campus: Students’ experiences with inclusive courses and diverse environments.” Grand Salons F-J at 10:45-11:30 a.m.
- Fassett, K., & A. BrckaLorenz. “A 10-year cross-section of STEM faculty teaching practices.” Grand Ballroom Froyer at 11:15-12 p.m.
- Nguyen, D., Renn, K., Torres, V., McCormick, A., King, P., Hernandez, E., Perez, R., & Linley, J.”Conducting High-Quality Longitudinal Studies on College Student Experiences and Development.” Florida Salon IV at 12:15-1:30pm.
- Hiller, S., & A. Ruddy. “Engaging first-generation Latino seniors: an intersectional view of participation in high-impact practices and their impact on student engagement.” Meeting Room 2 at 1:45-3 p.m.
- BrckaLorenz, A., D. Palmer, T. Kirnbauer, & D. Miller. “Wake up, institutions! Understanding the social and political causes of student activists.” Room: Meeting Room 5 at 3:15-4:30 p.m.
- McCormick, A. “Prestige seeking in an era of globalized third-party quality assessment.” Meeting Room 8 at 3:15-4:30 p.m.
- BrckaLorenz, A., A. Duran, & K. Fassett. “The intersections of race and sexuality in LGBQ college students’ belongingness, institutional commitment, and outness.” Meeting Room 4 at 12-1:15 p.m.
- Rivard, J., S. Cox, & A. Beach (Western Michigan University). “How High is the impact? Engaging student voices in the conversation of High Impact Practices (HIPs) in higher education.” Meeting Room 6 at 1:30-2:45 p.m.